Old-timers, Newcomers, LGBTQ and Intermarried Famlies: Spend New Years with us this year!
Erev Rosh Hashanah: Sunday, Oct 2, 7:30 pm
Erev Yom Kippur: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7:30 pm
Both held at the Albany Community Center.
- Join our accepting, friendly community of humanists
- Sing and listen to beautiful music and poetry
- Experience meaningful services that reflect your values
Registration is easy: download our form, fill it out and send with your check (address is on the form) OR pay using your credit card by calling 510-982-1455 and then email us your form. FOR LATE REGISTRATIONS, PLEASE CALL.
We Kol Hadash humanists claim Judaism as our own.
- Do you appreciate saying what you mean, and meaning what you say at Jewish services?
- Do you appreciate a community where your intermarried and nontraditional family is welcome to belong?
- Is being among like-minded humanists a relief and a pleasure to you?
Then perhaps we are YOUR community too. Are you the one-in-five Jewish Americans who is not a believer, as described in the latest Pew Research Center's study? We are proud to observe Judaism in a manner that makes sense to us. We understand Judaism in the context of human history, and we renew our culture in the context of humanism. Please join us! Check out our services and events on our calendar page, and support us with your membership.
Interested in Humanistic Judaism but don't live close enough to Kol Hadash?
If you join Kol Hadash, we can connect you with members in your area, or help you start a Kol Hadash havurah for members who live near you.
For those of you who live in other areas of Northern California who are interested in starting a humanistic congregation, we encourage you to join the (national) Society for Humanistic Judaism, as you will receive technical assistance and support in nurturing the growth of your new community.